Town of Manitowoc Rapids
All electors must be registered before being issued a ballot.
YOU CAN NOW REGISTER ONLINE!!! Visit www.myvote.wi.gov
Voter Registration Application EL-131
WHEN CAN I REGISTER TO VOTE?
You may register to vote 3 ways:
- By mail. Up to 20 days before the election. Voter Registration application should be mailed to your municipal
clerk with a proof of residence. Your form must be printed, signed, and mailed or delivered, to your municipal clerk.
You must always provide a Proof of Residence document when registering. If you are registering by mail, you can
use any of the forms of proof of residence listed except a residential lease.
Mail to: Town of Manitowoc Rapids
P.O. Box 123
Manitowoc, WI 54221-0123
- In the municipal clerk’s office. You may register in-person in your municipal clerk’s office up
until the Friday before the election at 5:00 p.m. or close of business, whichever is later. You must
always provide the Voter Registration application and proof of residence when registering.
- At the polling place on Election Day. You may register at the polls on Election Day. You must
always provide Voter Registration application and proof of residence document when registering.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING TO REGISTER TO VOTE?
Bring these with you to register:
- If you have been issued a WI driver license or WI DOT-issued ID that is current and valid, you must
provide the number and expiration date. If your WI driver license is revoked, suspended or expired;
or your WI DOT-issued ID is expired, provide the number and the last 4 digits of your Social
Security number. If you have not been issued a WI driver license or WI DOT-issued ID, you must
provide the last 4 digits of your Social Security number. If you have none of these documents, you
will be able to indicate that fact.
- You must provide a proof of residence when registering to vote in Wisconsin. A Proof of
Residence Document is a document that proves where you live in Wisconsin. Please see the Proof
of Residence handout for a list of acceptable documents.
IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT REGISTRATION?
- A Proof of Residence document is always needed when registering to vote in Wisconsin.
- Voters must reside at their address for at least 28 days by Election Day in order to register to vote.
Voters who have moved within Wisconsin less than 28 days before the election must vote from their
previous address, either by absentee ballot or at the polling place. Voters who have moved to
Wisconsin from another state less than 28 days before an election are only eligible to vote in
- You cannot register the Saturday, Sunday, or Monday before an election. You can register at the polling
place on Election Day.
For detailed information about voting in Wisconsin, visit bringit.wi.gov.
For other information on the Wisconsin Election Commission, visit http://elections.wi.gov/
or call the W.E.C. Help Desk at 1-866-VOTE-WIS or 608-261-2028.