Tax Collection

Tax payments: Installment payments, Full payments, and Personal Property Taxes are DUE and must be PAID by check or money order on or before January 31 of each year. For further tax payment information contact the Town Treasurer or refer to the Tax information sheet enclosed with your tax bill.


Anyone who wants their tax payment to go towards the 2021 tax season will have to have their payment made one or before 12/31/21 or postmarked by 12/31/21.

Mail your payment and tax stub from the bottom portion of your tax bill to :

Town of Manitowoc Rapids
P.O. Box 123
Manitowoc, WI 54221-0123




Use the secure mail slot located next to the Town Hall door.

If you wish to receive a receipt, you must enclose a self-address stamped envelope with your payment.



For anyone who pays their taxes in December and should receive a refund, the refund checks will be mailed out the 1st weekend in January.


For anyone who pays their taxes in January and should receive a refund, the refund checks will be mailed out the 1st weekend in February.


**For Insurance stipulations, no taxes will be collected in person at the treasurer's home.

Postponed Real Estate Taxes:
Only real estate taxes may be postponed. Full payment, or First Installment of total real estate tax must be paid. The balance will be due to the Manitowoc County Treasurer on or before July 31st of each year.

Personal Property Tax:
Personal Property Tax must be paid in FULL by January 31st of each year, or they will be considered delinquent and interest will be charged. However, improvements on leased land assessed as personal property are eligible for installment payments.

Special Assessments:
Special Assessments cannot be postponed. These must be PAID IN FULL by January 31st of each year. Or your real estate taxed will be considered delinquent.

A special charge of $10 will be assessed to all owners of septic systems in Manitowoc County. This charge is used to maintain the Manitowoc County Maintenance Program for private onsite wastewater treatment systems. If you feel you have been incorrectly charged on your tax bill or you have any other questions concerning this program please call the Manitowoc County Planning and Park Commission at 920-683-4185.


Assessment information is available from:

Town Assessor - Tennessen Appraisals LLC (920) 423-3502 or

Manitowoc County Treasurer Property Listing Office (920) 683-4019 or